At the WRFL Umpires Association 2017 Annual General Meeting (22nd October) there was a big change in executive members...
An era ends...a new one starts
At the WRFL Umpires Association 2017 Annual General Meeting (22nd October) there was a big change in executive members:
- After 30 years plus as Secretary and then President, Henry McFerran has stepped down to be replaced by last year's Vice President, Steve Sutton
- Adrian O'Donnell has taken up the role of Vice President in Steve's place
- Alan Shutt, our Treasurer of over 20 years, also chose to stand down, being replaced by Vaughan Garner
- Richard Watt our energetic Social Secretary decided to have time off, just to add to the numbers departing
- Paul Battaglia another long time committeeman, also elected to go off the executive
We thank the departing members who over a long time have seen the Association progress with moves first to Scovell and then to Hanmer this year.
The new committee for 2018 is:
- President - Steve Sutton
- Vice President - Adrian O'Donnell
- Treasurer - Vaughan Garner
- Secretary - Terry O'Donnell 04 3972 4545
- Assistant Secretary - Geoff Tresidder
- Floor Members - Peter Auld, Henry McFerran, Colin Hood, Jason Murray
The position of Social Secretary is vacant, so we are looking for somebody with enthusiasm to take up the reins. Please contact the Secretary to express your interest.
15 Mar 2015
The 2015 Henry McFerran Cup (Annual Golf Day) will be held on Sunday 15th March at 12:30pm. If you can play golf (or even if you can't - let's face it, who really can anyway?) get along and help prevent Paul Battaglia from taking out the trophy for yet another year! Read More